Ridgewood Preschool Assistant Teacher
We are looking for a nurturing and enthusiastic assistant teacher for our new preschool opening September 2022. Our mission is to share the love of Jesus with our community and the preschoolers and families in our program. Our students will range in age from 33 months to 5 years/pre-kindergarten.
- A love for Jesus and children.
- Previous teaching, assistant teaching, or working with kids in a licensed childcare center will be wonderfully helpful, but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent with post-secondary education within the field of teaching or early childhood education will be an added bonus.
- Child First aid and CPR certified, this can be completed within the first 90 days of hire.
- Able to lift 35 pounds.
- Welcome all preschoolers and families with joy and warmth.
- Oversee the safety and care of a preschool classroom in conjunction with the classroom teacher.
- Encourage and interact with children to explore, investigate, experiment, learn, and create throughout the school day.
- Work closely with lead teacher in classroom to plan learning activities that will ignite preschoolers’ faith, social/emotional, and educational growth.
- Model behavior that will assist preschoolers in navigating social situations.
- Attend to each preschooler’s individual needs and positively engage with them in a variety of situations that may come up.
- Seek out opportunities to connect with each student in your classroom each school day.
- Communicate well with parents.
- Provide grace-filled consistency with the preschoolers and co-workers.
- Help prepare healthy snack foods.
- Assist with light, disinfecting cleaning at the end of the school day.
- Build teamwork with coworkers and attend staff meeting and trainings.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Jodi Hogan at
Ridgewood Church seeks a Communications Director who will lead in setting the direction, as well as the strategic implementation, of all internal and external communications. This individual will be a creative, innovative, strategic thinker and a results-driven team leader and administrator. To view the full job description, click here.
To find out more, and to apply for this job, please email Walt Pitman-Executive Pastor at .
Ridgewood offers a Residency Program for training people in the local church for the local church. For information about our Residency Program or to fill out the Initial Residency Application, click the button below.